Thursday, November 21, 2013

Introduction

I've been thinking about this blog for a very long time. Originally I was going to try to publish a cookbook for my family but that was too expensive and too time consuming. I am the mother of four kids and numerous grandkids now. I have been cooking from "scratch" since I was a teenager in the late 1960's and 70's. Once I had kids, it was only natural to have them help me in the kitchen, and like many families, we have some of our fondest memories from cooking together. I wanted to name this blog "The Brown Family Recipes" but after googling that title I discovered it was already being used by some "sister wives!" Well, there are no sister wives here, just me and my kids and lots of food cooked with love in our family kitchen. Now when my kids call and ask me, Mom, what's the recipe for...? I will be able to tell them to just look it up online and if it is not there already, I can type it up quickly and they and anyone else can access it! Whenever possible I will try to connect the recipes to a memory, but mostly I hope to keep this blog simple and easy to use. There will be an archive in the sidebar as well as a labels list so that if you are looking for a certain recipe or subject you can easily find it. Enjoy! And welcome to my kitchen! (Photos will be added when possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! If you ask a question I will try to answer it, but there is no spam allowed in this kitchen! Thanks for dropping by!